Top 10 Best Wet Grinders in India
Rarely used in the western kitchen, a wet grinder is used for making chutneys and pastes with the use of pulses, and grains. But the application of a wet grinder isn’t limited to just chutneys, a wet grinder with the right accessories can be used for coconut scraping and dough kneading.
The wet grinder consists of stone plates, where the ingredient is grounded between them. A wet grinder outweighs a mixer when it comes down to benefits associated with them. When compared to mixers, a wet grinder produces very little heat thus preserving the flavor of the batter. Even the stone blades are more durable than the metal blades, so they are likely to stay sharp for an extended period of usage.
A wet grinder has become an integrated part of kitchens in India. However, the current market is filled with different brands and models of wet grinders, so picking the best wet grinder for home among numerous choices is not at all a simple task.
Before making a buying decision one must keep some factors in mind like types of wet grinders available in the market, the capacity of the drum, materials used, and accessories. Also, brand value, after-sales services, and warranty plays a crucial role. So, don’t forget to read our “Buying Guide” which will help you make an informative buying decision.
Why one should buy a Wet Grinder?
Time Saver: Since a wet grinder comes with a powerful motor, it can grind a uniform batter in minutes.
Energy Efficient: Since the operation is automatic, you don’t need to put in the manual effort of pounding and grinding by hands.
Finer Paste: When compared to a mixer grinder and manual grinding a wet grinder produces a much uniform and consistent batter without any lumps.
Hygienic: All the products on the list of best wet grinders are carefully picked considering the food safety norms. All of the below-listed products are made of food-grade material that is safe for human use.
Take a look at the following list of Best table top wet grinders in India in 2020
Best Table Top Wet Grinder in India - Review
1. Elgi ultra grind table top wet grinder
- Powering the wet grinder is a 150 Watt 1350 RPM motor.
- Elgi Ultra Grind wet grinder is made from durable ABS material.
- The grinder has a capacity of two-litres.
- The multi-utility drum of the grinder is made from AISI stainless steel.
- The device comes with accessories like Atta kneader and coconut scraper.
- The brand provides a five years warranty on the product.
Elgi is one of the best wet grinder brand in India providing reliable and innovative kitchen appliances solutions since 1992. The Ultra Grind wet grinder from Elgi is an aesthetically beautiful and versatile option from the brand.
Powering the device is a 150 Watts 1350 RPM motor which can handle heavy loads with ease. The grinder’s outer body is made up of high-quality ABS plastic while the two-liter drum is made of durable AISI 304 stainless steel which is also rust-proof. The multi-utility drum is detachable and can also be used for storing the batter.
Thanks to the accessories provided with the grinder, it can also be used for kneading dough and coconut scraping. The conical stones generate very little heat. It results in higher fermentation and an evenly ground batter.
If you use a wet grinder quite often and doesn’t mind shelling out a few extra bucks for a high-quality wet grinder then the Elgi ultra Grind is the best wet grinder for you.
2. Premier wonder Table top wet grinder
- This wet grinder is visually appealing.
- This model comes in a blue color.
- The power consumption of the premier wet grinder is 220-230 Volts.
- Its compact shape saves more space.
- The whole body of this wet grinder is made up of rust-proof stainless steel.
- You can grind all types of grains and pulses in the Premier wonder table top wet grinder.
- The stainless steel drum assures that the batter stays healthy as well as last longer.
- Its 95 watt 1400 RPM motor is perfect for this 1.5-litre wet grinder.
When it comes to kitchen appliances, the premier is one of the topmost brands in India. The brand offers high-quality and durable products ranging from pressure cookers, pans, mixies, and other cooking appliances.
This wet grinder from Premier is a compact high-performance model powered by a very durable gear based 95 Watt motor. The 1400RPM motor is powerful enough to evenly grind everything you throw at it while preserving the nutrients of the food thanks to its automated rolling stones. This wet grinder also comes with 100% safe food-grade parts for ensuring food safety.
The device has a two-liter drum made out of stainless steel which is rust-proof and offers extreme durability. The drum can be easily detached from the wet grinder making it easy to clean, simultaneously offering easy storage for the batter. The device comes packed with all the features and accessories one might require during grinding.
The wet grinder comes with low, medium, and high settings for efficient grinding. Overall, this premier wet grinder provides the complete compact features as well as high performance grinding with affordable cost. The only thing that we feel could have been better is the weight of the device. At 10.8 Kg it is not easy to carry the grinder from one location to another.
3. Pigeon platino wet grinder
- It has a 150-watt double side ball bearing motor.
- The device is made using rust-proof Virgin ABS material.
- The pigeon platina wet grinder has a two-liter capacity drum.
- The detachable drum of the grinder is made from stainless steel.
- The device comes with coconut scrapper and Atta kneader.
- The brand provides a warranty of five years on the product.
Pigeon is a domestic Indian brand which offers affordable yet stylish and durable wet grinder for its users. The outer body of the Pigeon Platina wet grinder is made of high-quality virgin ABS Shockproof and rustproof material. The drum is made from the best quality stainless steel and has an unbreakable transparent lid made from food-grade poly carbonate.
The 150-Watt double-side bearing motor of the grinder is perfect for grinding batters for soft and smooth idlis, kneading dough for smooth chapattis, and fluffy vadas. To ensure that the batter remains fresh the Pegion Platina wet grinder comes with high-quality non-absorbing, non-contaminating grinding stone.
The two-litre drum is detachable, meaning it can be used for storing the batter as well. Also, it helps in better cleaning of the device. The two-litre capacity of the grinder should suffice a family of four persons.
The attachments like atta kneader and coconut scraper comes free with the grinder. Also since Pigeon is a local brand, it boasts of a vast network of service centers across the country and the device comes with a five-year brand warranty.
4. Preethi Iconic Wet Grinder
- Preethi Iconic table top wet grinder has a capacity of two-litres.
- The pink colour looks very attractive.
- It occupies very minimal space which makes it suitable for small kitchens.
- The device has a leak-proof design.
- It comes equipped with advanced ventilation and overload protection.
- The interchangeable drum eases the job to a great extent.
- According to the needs and preference, one can limit the speed of a motor.
- The product comes with a 2-years guarantee for the device and 5–years warranty for the motor.
Preethi is one of the best wet grinder brand in India, if you have a very small space in your kitchen slab. Unlike other wet grinders, this model is built vertically and occupies very little horizontal space. It also has an extensive pink colour that looks very elegant.
The device has a two-litre drum which is enough to suffice the needs of an average Indian family of four. It is an easy to use and easy to maintain device which can be used just as a dry grinder. The WG 908 model from Preethi is made from food-grade stainless steel materials which preserve 20 per cent higher nutrients giving you a batter which is rich in quality, and taste.
When it comes to grinding effectiveness, this appliance has bi-directional grinding with pyramid vipers for uniform grinding. Even the cleaning of this grinder is very simple thanks to its detachable drum. It has a batter cleaner attachment and removable conical stones that simplify the cleaning jobs, particularly when the batter gets stuck in the edges.
5. Elgi Ultra Perfect Table Top Wet Grinder
- It is made of AISI 304 food-grade stainless steel drum.
- The grinder is powered by a 150-Watts 1350 RPM motor.
- The Elgi Ultra Perfect wet grinder has a capacity of two litres.
- Elgi table top wet grinder comes in red and silver colour options.
- The device comes with industry-leading ten years warranty.
- The tapering stones with counter-rotation offers much quicker grinding.
- Its grinding time is approximately 10 minutes.
Elgi Ultra Perfect wet grinder is powered by a 150-watt 1350 RPM motor which processes the ingredients much quicker when compared to its peers.
The material used in the production of Elgi wet grinder is high-quality ABS plastic while the drum is made of AISI 304 food-grade stainless steel. The device is lightweight, durable, and looks great. The drum has a capacity of two-litres which is ideal for sorting the batter after grinding.
The device has two patented conical stones that provide its users with a unique experience while kneading dough. For better cleaning of the conical stones, it has a batter remover. This wet grinder also has a built-in digital timer, and auto shut-off feature so that you can set a timer for each session.
This table top wet grinder from Elgi is a perfect choice for those who wish to have their food processed very fast. The industry-leading 10-years warranty provided is an additional bonus if you are looking to buy the best wet grinder in India.
6. Bajaj Wet Grinder without arm
- The drum is made of stainless steel while the lid is made of polycarbonate.
- The device is powered by a150 watts motor.
- Bajaj WX 3 wet grinder weighs 15.4 Kg.
- This product has a warranty of two years.
- The holding capacity of the grinder is two liters.
Bajaj Electronics doesn’t need an introduction and is undoubtedly one of the best wet grinder brands in India. Bajaj is a trusted home and kitchen appliances brand in the world thanks to their high-quality product range and seventy-five years of legacy.
Powering the Bajaj WX 3 wet grinder is a 150-watt induction motor which is very power efficient. The drum of the grinder has a capacity of two-liters and is made of durable and food-grade stainless steel. The lid of the drum is made of high-quality transparent polycarbonate. The grinder is enough for a small to medium-sized family.
The grinding stones are durable and efficient providing an even and smooth batter. The grinder comes with an overload protection feature which ensures no loss to the device in case of overheating. Bajaj has a huge network of service centers across the nation providing one of the best after-sales services in India. The device is backed by a generous two-years of manufacturer warranty in case of any manufacturing defects.
7. Butterfly Smart Table Top Wet Grinder
- The power consumption of the butterfly smart wet grinder is 150 watts.
- The materials used on this wet grinder is high-quality ABS for the body, the lid is made of poly carbonate material and stainless steel for drum.
- The drum of the device has a capacity of two-litres.
- The wet grinder from Butterfly comes with a coconut scraper.
- It has a four-way grinding system that assures uniform grinding pressure.
- The device has an aesthetic design.
- The device comes with a two-years of manufacturer warranty.
Butterfly offers a wide range of wet grinder products available in the market, butterfly smart table top wet grinder is the most efficient out of all its product range. Powering the device is a 150 watts motor which is accompanied by a coconut scraper. What makes this model so power-efficient is its 4-way grinding system which ensures uniform grinding pressure from all the directions.
The body of the Butterfly smart wet grinder is made out of ABS plastic which is both shockproof and rust-resistant. The 2-litre drum is carved out of stainless steel while the lid is made of polycarbonate. All the materials used in the production of this wet grinder are food-safe.
The design is very compact and doesn’t occupy much space in your kitchen. The device comes with overheat protection feature which automatically shuts off the device in case of overheating. The manufacturer of this grinding machine offers a two-year warranty on the product.
8. Panasonic MK-SW200 Wet Grinder
- The capacity of Panasonic MK SW-200 wet grinder is two litres.
- The grinder packs a super-powerful 240-watts motor.
- The materials used are 304 stainless steel drum with a strong transparent material for the lid.
- The device stands at 49.4 X 30 X 33 cm with 14.1 KG of weight.
- This unit has two years warranty on the product and five year on motor.
Panasonic is the most trustworthy brand when it comes to the electronic appliances. Over many years of expertise in manufacturing different types of appliances, Panasonic offers one of the most durable products. The highlight feature of the Panasonic MK-SW 200 BLK wet grinder is its extremely powerful motor. The device is powered by a 240-watt motor which can grind almost anything you throw at it.
The outer body of the grinder is made out of high-quality ABS plastic, which is strong and durable and will easily last a few years. The drum is made out of a 304 food-grade stainless steel which is rust-resistant. The drum capacity is two-litres which doesn’t do justice to the motor. With such a powerful motor the drum capacity could have been increased.
Other features include three-speed settings, interlocking safety, anti-speed HTD belt, and hands-free operation. The device comes with a 5-years manufacturer warranty on the motor and 2-years warranty for the parts. Panasonic after-sales service is very good. The only downside of the product is its upkeep, the power consumption is high because of the powerful motor.
9. Ultra Bigg plus Wet Grinder
- The Ultra Bigg plus wet grinder has a capacity of 2.5 litres.
- The device is powered by a 150-Watt motor.
- The wet grinder has two conical stones for grinding the batter.
- This grinder also comes with a batter cleaner.
- It also features the digital time for convenience.
- It comes with motor overload protection that will turn off the motor automatically in case of overheating.
- The material used in the making of the device is ABS and 304 food category stainless steel for the drum.
This Ultra Bigg Plus is one of the most convenient wet grinder that you can consider going for. This wet grinder actually comes with a greater capacity 2.5 liters stainless steel multi-utility drum that enables you to grind items, so that you can cook with your own style.
This grinder model also comes with a batter cleaner, which allows you to clean the drum more easily while the digital timer lets you know, when the grinding is done. Moreover, this durable wet grinder also comes with five year warranty that makes it a more reliable choice for the users.
10. Vidiem Jewel ST 2 litres Wet Grinder
- This wet grinder works on 90-watt motor.
- Because of its compact design the grinder does not occupy much space.
- It has an optimum capacity of two litres in spite of being a compact one.
- The drums are made of stainless-steel.
- Storing your batter is also very simple on this wet grinder; because of its detachable drum.
Today, a modern kitchen is becoming more compact than ever. Now, the Vidiem Jewel is one of the top wet grinders in India. It perfectly fits the bill and its sleek design assures that it does not consume much space. Also, this unit assures to offer the maximum effectiveness you expect from a conventional wet grinder.
Powering the device is a 90-watt motor which offers amazing performance. The drum of the Vidiem wet grinder is made of food-grade stainless steel which ensures food safety. The holding capacity of the drum is two-litres which comes as a surprise due to its small size. The device comes with two wipers for uniform grinding. The grinder weighs just 8 kg which gives it extreme manoeuvrability.
If you have very little space in your kitchen this is the device should get. It is very effective, small, and highly desirable. The device is not dishwasher safe and doesn’t come with an international warranty.
Best Wet Grinders in India- Buying Guide
We have listed down several factors that you must keep in mind before buying a wet grinder.
1. Types of Wet Grinders
Let’s take a look at the different types of wet grinders available in the market.
- Regular Wet Grinder
Typically used for commercial purposes like restaurants, and cafes, a regular wet grinder has a much bigger drum capacity which is ideal for grinding large quantities of ingredients at a time. Unlike a tabletop grinder that has two rolling stones, a regular wet grinder has a single stone that is held to a steel rod with the help of an iron belt.
Since a regular wet grinder is a heavy and large machine it is not suitable for small families. Cleaning and maintaining the device also requires more efforts.
- Table Top Wet grinders
Table top wet grinder is a much durable, versatile, lightweight, and smaller version of the regular wet grinder. Generally, a table top wet grinder comes equipped with two grinding stones and a capacity of 1.5-2 litres.
The drum of a tabletop wet grinder is usually made of food-grade stainless steel which makes it both durable and hygienic. Since the device is comparatively lightweight and compact, it is suitable for an average-sized Indian family.
- Tilting Wet Grinders
A tilting wet grinder is functionally identical to a tabletop wet grinder, however, in a regular and tabletop wet grinder separating the dough from the drum is not an easy task. As the name suggests a tilt head wet grinder has a tilting drum which means you can simply tilt the drum to separate the dough.
2. Number of Grinding Stones and its Shape
Most wet grinders are equipped with either two or three grinding stones. The only benefit of choosing a three stone grinder is that it does the job faster.
Further, the stones can be categorized as cylindrical or conical based on their shape. The conical-shaped grinding stone offers better consistency and smoothness thanks to its sharp edges which can grind even the tiniest particle.
3. Capacity of the Wet Grinder
Capacity is a factor one must consider depending on the size of the family. Usually measured in litres, the wet grinders come with a capacity ranging from 1 litre to 10 litres. However, most of the tabletop wet grinder comes with a capacity of 1.5-2 litres which should suffice a family of 5 members.
4. Drum Material – Stainless Steel
Food-Grade stainless steel is the industry norm when it comes to the drum of a wet grinder. The material is durable and rust-proof providing a longer life span to the device. You can also pick a wet grinder with a stone drum, but it is prone to scraping.
5. Overload Protection
Overload protection is an essential feature that you must look for purchasing a wet grinder for your home. The feature makes sure that your device automatically shuts down in case of overheating or overloading.
While you can surely pick a Panasonic MK-SW 200 wet grinder which has a 240-watt motor, a 150-180 watt motor should be an ideal choice for a medium-sized family.
7. Speed Settings
A good wet grinder should offer at least three speed settings slow, medium, and fast. The different speed settings will ensure that the batter is smooth and healthy.
8. Easy to Use
A device should offer ease of usability to its users. Operation, assembling, controls, etc. should be easily understandable. Look for a wet grinder with a transparent lid so that you can peek into the drum while grinding. Also, read the user manual carefully.
9. Customer Service and Warranty
Warranty and after-sales services could make or break the deal for a user. A brand might launch a potential winner product but if it is not backed up by a satisfactory user experience and after-sales service no one is going to buy it. Also to ensure that the product is durable, a wet grinder comes with a warranty ranging from 2-10 years.
How to Use a table top Wet Grinder?
- Place the drum on the centre of the rod. Rotating the drum slightly will ensure that the drum has settled into its place.
- Put the rolling stone along with the wipers into the drum and close the lid.
- Add water or other liquid through the lid cover.
- Now switch the grinder on and let the stones pick up some speed.
- Apply some pressure and keep pressing down the lid so that the rollers stay in their place.
- If you need to add any ingredients pour it through the lid cover.
- Make sure that the mixture isn’t dry, add water to keep it moist.
- After the process is complete and you have an evenly grounded batter, switch-off the grinder and free the arm.
- You should now pull out the roller from the drum to have easy access to the batter.
- Now pour the batter to another utensil or if the drum is detachable you can use the drum for storing the batter.
- Always clean rollers, drums, and other moving parts of the grinder before using them again.
What are the Benefits of using Wet Grinders over Mixer Grinder?
1. Easy to use
A wet grinder is very easy to use and maintain when compared to a high-end grinder. The rolling stone of a wet grinder makes sure that the ingredients don’t lose their nutrient values while making a chutney or dough. Also, in India, we consume more spices which is easy to grind in a wet grinder than in a dry grinder.
2. Fast and efficient grinding
A wet grinder is generally equipped with a more powerful motor than the conventional grinder. Hence, the grinding operation is fast and can grind a larger quantity of pulses and batter evenly without any lumps.
3. Reliable and good range of products
There are a plethora of options when it comes to choosing a wet grinder. The market is flooded with the option of wet grinders from almost every major kitchen appliance brand. So, it makes it easier for a buyer to choose the right wet grinder which fulfils all the needs of the individual buyer.
Suggested Read: Best Indian mixer grinder
How to Clean a Wet Grinders?
To increase the life and efficiency of any appliance, one must always maintain the device with utmost care. Although cleaning a wet grinder might sound like a daunting task, it is very easy. Below we have listed down a step by step guide on how to clean your wet grinder.
- Pull out the rolling stone from the drum using the holder stick.
- Rinse the stones thoroughly under running water.
- Use a brush to remove the residue stuck on the corners.
- Once the stones are completely clean, wipe them with a cloth and place them upside down to dry.
- Clean the motor with a mildly wet cloth. Make sure that the device isn’t plugged-in.
- Once the rolling stones are dried and the motor is cleaned assemble them back together.
How to Maintain a Wet Grinder? (TIPS & TRICKS)
- Make sure the drums are perfectly clean before and after using the grinder.
- Also after rinsing the drum place them upside down to ensure that all the water is drained away from the inside. Any moisture if present can lead to rusting of the device.
- Never wipe the wet grinder with hot water. It can damage the rubber seals.
- After placing the rolling stones on the rod, always rotate them manually to ensure they perfectly align with the grinder.
- Make sure that the wipers are always facing the motor.
- Never run an empty wet grinder, you will end up damaging the rollers.
- Always add the ingredients in small quantities for an evenly grounded batter. It will also ensure that the device doesn’t get overheated.
- Always make sure that the batter is moist, if it is dry it will leave lumps in the batter. Also, a dry batter can lead to some tension in the belt.
- Do not use attachments purchased from unauthorized dealers.
Frequently Asked Questions?
1. What are Wet Grinders used for?
Wet grinder is an electric grinder used for making batter, chutney, kneading dough, and scraping coconuts. A wet grinder can do all these things effortlessly and in no time when compared to hand grinding.
2. What are the different types of Wet Grinders?
Wet grinders are of three types:-
1. Regular Wet Grinder- typically used in commercial places like cafes, and restaurants, the regular wet grinders are heavy grinder used for grinding a large quantity of ingredients.
2. Table Top Wet Grinder- a table top wet grinder is well suited for a medium sized family. These are not as heavy as the regular wet grinder and powerful enough to grind a batter of moderate quantity.
3. Tilted Wet Grinder- although functionally similar to table top wet grinder, a tilted wet grinder has a tilted head which makes the pouring of the batter an easy task.
3. What is the drum capacity of Wet Grinders?
With a wide variety of options available in the market ranging from 2 liters to 15 liters, you can choose to buy one depending upon your usage.
4. Can Wet Grinders be used only for making batter?
Although the primary purpose of a wet grinder is to prepare batter, some brands provide a range of attachments along with the device such as coconut scraper and atta kneader.
5. What are the advantages of using Wet Grinders?
There are mainly two advantages of using a wet grinders. First, the stones of the wet grinder generate less heat which preserves the flavor of the batter. Secondly, the stones themselves remain sharp for an extended period.
6. How to clean Wet Grinders?
The cleaning process of a wet grinder is not a daunting task. You can easily clean the drum by rinsing it under a running tap. And wipe the body and motor with a damp cloth. Let the parts completely dry before reassembling them.
7. Does the manufacturer provide any guaranty or warranty?
Most manufacturer provides a warranty on the product as well as the motor ranging from 2 to 10 years.
8. Can a wet grinder get overloaded?
Yes, A wet grinder can get overloaded. But most of the grinders listed above has automatic shut-off feature to prevent any damage due to overheating. To avoid overloading and overheating add ingredients in smaller quantities.
9. Does it emit a lot of noise?
Yes, wet grinder makes noise due to the powerful motor.
10. Is it very difficult to install?
Thanks to the lightweight and compact design a wet grinder isn’t very difficult to install. Just plugin and you are good to go.
11. Why I Have The Burning Smell When I Switch On The Wet Grinder?
In a new device, it is quite common to experience a burning smell due to the varnish getting burned. But if the odour persists contact the service centre.
Therefore, the wet grinders are a most required kitchen appliance for every Indian kitchen. We hope that the above list of Best Wet Grinder in India is going to help you pick the best wet grinder for home. We picked Elgi ultra grind table top wet grinder as the best table top grinder in India thanks to its noiseless operation and good after-sales services. Which wet grinder did you choose for your kitchen? What do you think is the best wet grinder in India? Let us know your opinion in the comment section below.