Why should you buy a citrus juicer?
Most of us have a juicer mixer grinder at home to mix, grind, chop, mince, and extract juices from fruits and vegetables. However, juicing citrus fruits with the help of a centrifugal or masticating juicer is very difficult. The reason being that the citrus fruits contain lots of seeds in them and a regular juicer fails to separate the seeds from the pulp. One option that could be taken into consideration is that the user separates seeds from the fruits manually which would require lots of manual effort and time. And if not done correctly the seeds would be blended with the pulp, leaving their bitterness to the juice.
A citrus juicer on the other hand is specifically designed to extract juice from citrus fruits. Whether you buy an electric citrus juicer or a manual one, it would be capable of separating the seeds from the pulp. You also get the option of extracting pulpy juice or without the pulp.
How to use a citrus juicer?
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to use a citrus juicer:-
- Place the citrus juicer on a flat surface so that it doesn’t get tipped over while extracting juice. This would make the kitchen messy. If the device comes with suction feet make sure they are perfectly aligned.
- Since the feeding tube of a citrus juicer won’t be able to accommodate the whole fruit, you will have to cut the fruits in smaller pieces.
- Now plug the device into a power socket. Make sure that the connection has earthing to prevent yourself from any electric shock.
- Now place the pitcher/slicer on the juicer.
- Pour the sliced fruits into the feeding tube and press it with the help of the reamer.
- Now strain the juice to remove any seeds. If you prefer a pulpy juice you could avoid straining the juice.
How to clean a citrus juicer?
Although a citrus juicer doesn’t require regular upkeep, cleaning the device after every use is recommended. Follow our step-by-step guide on how to clean a citrus juicer.
- Unplug the juicer from the socket and disassemble it.
- The filter of the citrus juicer can be cleaned by rinsing it under running tap water. We don’t recommend you to use any soap to clean the filter.
- To remove any debris or particles stuck to the device, scrub it down with a piece of cloth.
- Now rinse all the parts with lukewarm water.
- Before assembling the device make sure that all the parts are completely dry.
Some Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Are all citrus juicers dishwasher safe?
Most of the citrus juicers available in the market come with dishwasher safe parts and attachments. However, it is recommended that you go through the manual to avoid any damages.
2. What is the difference between electric and manual citrus juicing?
As the name suggests an electric lime juicer is powered by a motor, while a manual lemon juicer will require physical efforts to extract the juices. A manual citrus juicer is ideal if you are going to extract juice for one person only. For a family of more than 2 people, an electric lime juicer would be a better choice.
3. What is the difference between a Citrus juicer and juice extractor?
A juice extractor can extract juice from any fruits and vegetables, however, while extracting juice from citrus fruits like orange, lemon, and pomegranate in a juicer mixer, seeds also get blended with the juice. It leaves a bitter taste to the juice. It is recommended that a citrus juicer be used for extracting the juice from citrus fruits.
4. Why this citrus juicer is essential for extracting citrus fruit juice?
Citrus fruits are rich in Vitamin-C and consuming Vitamin-C is healthy for the human body. However, it is not an easy task to extract juice from such fruits as seeds are blended with the juice leaving a bitter taste. Citrus juicers are specifically designed to separate seeds from the juice.
5. Can you use a citrus juicer for vegetables?
A citrus juicer is specifically designed for citrus fruits. To extract juices from vegetables a centrifugal juicer, or food processor should be used.
6. How to maintain an electric citrus juicer?
Since a citrus juicer doesn’t have lots of moving parts, it becomes very easy to maintain the device. Just make sure to wash the juicer after every use.
7. How to use a citrus juicer?
A citrus juicer is one of the easiest kitchen appliance to use. Slice the fruits into smaller pieces, and pour them into the feeding tube. Now plug the device into a power socket and press the fruit down with the help of the plunger.